Are you looking for preparation of financial statement assistance? How about compilation engagement guidance? If you are a CPA that provides these services, you'll find help in the second edition of my book: Preparation of Financial Statements and Compilation Engagements.
Purpose of the Book
CPAs create and issue financial statements. In doing so, they follow Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARS), including AR-70 (Preparation of Financial Statements) and AR-80 (Compilation Engagements). But in doing so, they run into questions such as:
- Can I issue financial statements without a compilation report?
- What is the difference between a preparation engagement and a compilation engagement?
- Which basis of accounting can I use?
- What disclosures are required?
- Can I include supplementary information with financial statements?
- Who can use the financial statements?
- What documents are necessary for the engagement file?
- Is an engagement letter required?
- Must I be independent?
- What actions commonly impair independence?
- Is a peer review required if I perform preparation and compilation services?
To help you answer these questions and many others, I have updated my book (2nd edition): Preparation of Financial Statements and Compilation Engagements.
It's an easy-to-understand reference book for those of you performing preparation and compilation engagements.
Praise for the Book
Here's what CPAs are saying about the book:
Charles is a master at illustrating and contrasting preparation and compilation engagements and pointing out potential pitfalls to be aware of. Much more user-friendly and applicable to the small-firm practitioner than the big-ticket reference manuals.
I recommend this book be a part of your guidance materials used when preparing financial statements or performing a compilation under the Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services.
In Preparation of Financial Statements and Compilation Engagements, Charles provides practitioners with an easy-to-reference manual on the best practices around preparation and compilation engagements. This easy-to-read book will help practitioners ensure they are meeting the standards.
Get the New SSARS Book
The book is available on Amazon in a Kindle or paperback format.
Check it out here.